Sunday, March 14, 2010

CONSERVATIVE JUNIOR MINISTER HELENA GUERGIS'S UGLY AIRPORT MELT-DOWN AND THE PARTY'S PATHETIC POOL OF MINISTERIAL MATERIAL

POSTED RESPONSE TO A COLUMN IN TORONTO'S GLOBE AND MAIL

Reading of Helena Guergis’s airport melt-down, I may have new sympathy for the unpleasant Rahim Jaffer, her husband.

Maybe there's actually a good reason Rahim Jaffer (of drunk-driving, cocaine-possession, and getting-off-with-a-slap-on-the-wrist fame) does the desperate things he does?

He appears to be married to a lunatic.

And, yes, indeed, where were the RCMP tasers on this one, as someone above asked?

I guess they save that treatment for poor foreigners who can't speak English and who are not junior cabinet ministers.

And even then, they need four officers against one person to "deploy" the taser.

The photo with the story only shows two RCMP officers with the ghastly Guergis.

God, the new Conservatives have pathetic ministerial material. Peter "we'll fight for Israel" Kent, Helena "I'm God" Guergis, Peter "my ex is a dog" MacKay, Lisa "leave my documents behind" Raitt, Maxime "leave my secret papers at my biker gang girlfriend's" Bernier, and so on.

Our election system is a terrible mess if its result is keeping a bunch of second- and third-raters like this running the country with about a third of the country’s support. We really do need serious election reform.