Sunday, September 25, 2016

JOHN CHUCKMAN COMMENT: COLUMNIST NICK COHEN WARNS OF DEMAGOGUES AND CLAIMS TRUE LIBERALISM OUR BEST DEFENSE - STALE BREAD CRUMBS BEING TOSSED TO THE PIGEONS


COMMENT POSTED TO AN ARTICLE BY NICK COHEN IN THE GUARDIAN


"Only true liberalism can thwart the demagogues"

Where do you see one genuinely liberal spirit?

I consider myself a liberal, and I can sincerely say I see nothing of what I care about in Clinton.

She's a war-monger, and nothing can be further from the meaning of "liberal" than that.

And why do you use the word "demagogues" for those you do not like?

Trump is not a demagogue, and when the press keeps repeating that false claim, it only loses what credibility it has left, which, by the way, is not a lot.

Trump is sincere, of that I have no doubt. I believe he is mistaken in a number of matters, but I also know that he is right on some crucially important ones.

The truth is he cannot do any worse than the greatest mass killer on earth, Barack Obama, and I'm convinced he can do a good deal better.

In politics, you don't get everything you want, but too often, you get nothing, which is very much the case with Obama, a man who has failed to do almost anything worthwhile either at home or abroad.

I really think the views expressed here resemble stale, old crusts of bread being tossed on the walk to feed the pigeons.