Thursday, March 07, 2019

JOHN CHUCKMAN COMMENT: JUSTIN TRUDEAU'S FORMER RIGHT-HAND MAN/OPERATOR TESTIFIES - VERY CONVINCING COMPARED TO AN HONEST AND DECENT WOMAN'S TESTIMONY - DETAILS OF MY PARTISANSHIP IN RESPONSE TO AN OBTUSE COMMENT

John Chuckman


COMMENT TO AN ARTICLE BY CHRIS HALL IN CBC NEWS



“In the SNC-Lavalin affair, everyone seems to be entitled to their own opinions — and facts

“Gerald Butts managed to turn the narrative into a high-stakes 'he said/she said'”



We are supposed to be impressed by Gerald Butts, Trudeau's former right-hand man?

When attacking the testimony of a clearly honest and thoroughly decent minister? Her decency backed up by a second honest and decent minister?

Well, he's no more believable or acceptable than the unpleasant Chrystia Freeland was recently.

Trudeau in my view has been very weak in office over a range of matters. I believe he understands his own weakness and leans on people like Freeland and Butts, but that fact doesn't make them right.

________________________

Response to a comment calling me a “loyal Conservative partisan”:



Well, there's an old saying perhaps you need to take to heart.

"You should know the words to the music before standing up to sing."

Nothing in my words makes me a "loyal Conservative partisan." Nothing.

I am a published writer on politics and international affairs, and I have hundreds of thousands of words, including a book, which unmistakably tell the world that I am a classical liberal, rather a progressive, and a critic of all anti-democratic and anti-human rights activity.

I am a member of no party, and I strongly dislike blind partisanship of any kind. I also truly dislike dishonesty.

And, I regarded Stephen Harper as the most unwholesome Prime Minister in our history.

Our parties just are not doing a good job for us. God, the Liberals stuck with that hopeless and arrogant man, Ignatieff, for quite a while. That helped Harper's survival.

I find Trudeau immensely disappointing, and not just in this matter. But the Conservatives have only offered us a so-far unimpressive man, as has the NDP. That is not my idea of a healthy political choice.

I admired Trudeau's father in many things, but the son is a very different kind of man.

A Jack Layton would have my vote in a heartbeat. Or a Paul Martin. As would a thoroughly decent man like Joe Clark. Those names represent three different parties, but so what?