Thursday, January 08, 2009

HERE'S TO AN UNGRACIOUS AND INACCURATE OLIVER KAMM

POSTED RESPONSE TO A FOLLOW-UP REMARK BY OLIVER KAMM IN THE TIMES

The ungraciousness I'll ignore; it's puerile.

But you are clearly misinterpreting my words.

Is that deliberate or attention deficit influencing your reading?

I didn't say I spark exchanges.

But my own replies are I think it fair to say a bit more interesting and thoughtful and, sometimes, informative than "Great job, Oliver!"

Of course you don't agree, but then, if you did, you would be talking to yourself, wouldn't you?

Is that what you prefer?

Do you not respect a range of views, thoughtfully expressed?

Perhaps you write this blog only because it is part of your terms of hire?

Sad for you, then, I think.




HERE IS A PICTURE OF OLIVER KAMM ADDRESSING THE HOUSEHOLD SERVANTS




AND HERE IS A PICTURE, FROM A COMMISSIONED PORTRAIT HE KEEPS IN HIS CLOSET, OF HOW OLIVER KAMM SEES HIMSELF