Thursday, December 04, 2008

A CONSERVATIVE HACK INVENTS A RIDICULOUS THEORY ABOUT QUEBEC TO SUPPORT HARPER'S EXCESSES

POSTED RESPONSE TO A COLUMN BY WILLIAM JOHNSON IN TORONTO'S GLOBE AND MAIL

William Johnson, I don't know what planet you've been living on, but I haven't seen M. Duceppe laugh once.

I don't hear him making school-yard bully remarks or low-life jokes either, although I hear these regularly from Conservatives and especially the unpleasant Mr. Harper.

No, M. Duceppe has viewed this entire matter as the grave business it is, even though his party's interests are strictly provincial.

He has acted rather statesmanlike throughout.

Which is far more than anyone can say of leading Conservative mouthpieces.

Look at you, inventing a nonsense theory about Quebec just to offer a new slant on the Harper attacks.

Ridiculous and more than a little prejudiced.

I'd be ashamed to put my name to intellectual rubbish like this, but then I'm not serving the interests of the most low-life prime minister in memory.