Sunday, January 14, 2018

JOHN CHUCKMAN COMMENT: FORMER RIGHT-HAND MAN SPEAKS OF OBAMA'S REMARKABLE "SERENITY" - BUT THERE IS A FAR MORE REALISTIC AND FAR LESS EXALTED INTERPRETATION



COMMENT POSTED TO AN ARTICLE IN THE GUARDIAN


He spent 10 years as Barack Obama’s right-hand man. As a new film puts him in the spotlight, he talks high-stakes diplomacy and the chaos of Trump’s White House

Ben Rhodes: ‘Obama has a serenity that I don't. I get more exercised’

Serenity?

I seriously question that use of the word.

I suggest Obama has a form of narcissism or low-grade psychopathy that essentially makes him quite indifferent to things that get other people worked up.

He gave orders to kill people almost every single day of his term of office.

He also frequently displayed the kind of arrogance we expect from people with the personality disorders I suggest.


I do not understand anyone's admiring Obama. He let down his own people. He let down the hopes of millions. He let down the Nobel Prize officials. He killed a lot of people.
_____________________

Response to another comment:

I agree that "the majority of his (Trump's) supporters don’t understand the realities of his ineptitude.”

But, equally, I would say the majority of Obama's supporters or admirers do not understand the realities of his dark personality.

The boyish smile seems capable of casting a spell on millions.